Waking Ideas Publishing - Culture & Critics Corner
Written By Taylor Landine
Tron: Uprising is an upcoming American animated TV show, part of the Tron franchise. The show has been confirmed to be a 10-part mini series that is set between Tron and Tron: Legacy, and will air on Disney XD starting on June 7th of this year. The series will be directed by Charlie Bean, Joseph Kosinski and Sean Bailey (who will also act as executive producer along with Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz).
So far it has not been made officially clear if the show takes place after "The Purge" but it does take place after Clu takes over, Flynn goes into hiding, and Tron is "killed" by Clu.
Produced by Disney Television Animation, the series follows Beck, a young program who becomes the unlikely leader of a revolution inside the computer world of The Grid. His mission is to free his home and friends from the reign of the villainous Clu and his henchman General Tesler. Beck will be trained by Tron – the greatest warrior the Grid has ever known. Tron will not only teach Beck the fighting skills he needs to challenge this brutal military occupation, but will be a guide and mentor to him as he grows beyond his youthful, impulsive nature into a courageous, powerful leader. Destined to become the new protector of the system, Beck adopts Tron’s persona and becomes the archenemy of Tesler and his oppressive forces.
The first full episode has been officially released by Disney on Youtube, watch it for yourself following the break. Or watch it here.
Cast and Characters:
- Beck (voiced by Elijah Wood)– The main protagonist. Beck is a young program who leads a revolution against Clu 2. He is trained by Tron and he challenges the evil forces of Tesler and Clu.
- General Tesler (voiced by Lance Henriksen) – The main antagonist. General Tesler is Clu's henchman, and Beck's archenemy.
- Clu (voiced by Fred Tatasciore) – The secondary antagonist in the series. Being the updated version of the original Clu from the old grid, was created by Kevin Flynn, the creator of the Tron Universe. Clu betrays Flynn and Tron and takes over the Grid.
- Tron (voiced by Bruce Boxleitner) – Tron is the protector of "the Grid." He looks through the Grid for the next Tron and meets Beck. Tron later trains Beck and becomes his mentor.
- Paige (voiced by Emmanuelle Chriqui)
- Mara (voiced by Mandy Moore)
- Pavel(voiced by Paul Reubens)
- Zed (voiced by Nate Corddry)
- Able (voiced by Reginald VelJohnson)
Published on Monday, May 14th, 2012 at 5:58 pm | Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.